Monday, February 3, 2014

2014 February 3 - Morning Manna

He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live. (Proverbs 15:27)
 
Today's Morsel: Why does it seem that we always want more?  Why do we feel that we need to give gifts to people for doing what they are supposed to do?  Why do businesses give a bonus to people for doing their job?  If we never become content with what we have, we can become our own worst enemy.  Today's passage goes deeper than just material wealth.  It can reach into other areas of life as well.  Gain, if we are not careful, can destroy us.  Any investment in the financial market can keep you worrying if it is for gain.  You say, well isn't that why we invest, for financial gain?  Yes, but if you aren't content when you put it in, it will trouble your house.  You should always invest what you feel you can lose, because the market isn't a guaranteed institution.  But when you invest in God's Kingdom, you won't have to worry about your house being troubled, because godliness with contentment is always great gain.

Sing: He's all I need! He's all I need! Jesus is all I need.   He's all I need! He's all I need! Jesus is all I need.

He satisfies, my needs supplies, Jesus is all I need.  He satisfies, my needs supplies, Jesus is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment