Friday, February 7, 2014

2014 February 7 - Morning Manna

"And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,) Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry"(Acts 1:15-17)
 
Today's Morsel: How many people do you know that at one time or another served God with you?   I mean they were in church with you, you saw them baptized, they may have preached and taught Sunday school, lead the youth group, or sang in the choir.  They may have even been your pastor, but now they are missing in action.  They are no longer serving God the same way that you are.  I don't know about you, but for me, this is heart breaking and in some cases gut wrenching for me.  I'm always taken aback when people fall away from the truth.  I can only imagine what the apostles of Jesus must have felt like when Judas turned on Jesus and walked away.  Judas had partaken of everything the other disciples.  He had seen the miracles, heard the teaching, had his feet washed, and even partook of the last super.  If they took pictures in those days, he was in the picture.  Even today, when I look at some of my old pictures, I see men and women who started out with me, but are now no longer serving God.  Like Judas, they had part in this ministry, but now have gone astray. Therefore, I have come to realize that I must maintain a strong relation with Jesus so that I do not fall away.  I don't want to think I stand, I want to know that I stand.  And I can only do that by obeying God's word, and keep myself accountable to a true man or woman of God.  

Sing: Hold to God's unchanging hand, hold to God's unchanging hand, build your hopes on things eternal, hold to God's unchanging hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment