Thursday, September 19, 2013

2013 September 19 - Morning Manna

And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? (Luke 11:5-13)
Today's Morsel: I walked into one of the churches here in the city one day, and I asked a lady who was volunteering if they had any Our Daily Breaddevotional booklets? She misunderstood what I said, and so she began to tell me that I had to eat dinner before I could get bread. I said," What? I'm not here to eat." But she keep insisting, "Yes, that is the policy here. You can't have any bread until you first eat." When I explained it to her again, she just laughed and said, "I thought you wanted a loaf of the free bread." Because they ran a soup kitchen, she thought I was homeless and was asking for bread. Jesus said, "If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" He also said, that when we pray, we should say, "And give us this day our daily bread." How many loaves do you need for your friends today? It's all yours for the asking. And we should be giving it out as freely as we have received it, no strings attached.

Sing: Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up Lord, come and quench this thirsting of my soul. Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more, here's my cup, fill it up and make me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment