Wednesday, September 25, 2013

2013 September 25 - Morning Manna

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. (Isaiah 6:1-5)
Today's Morsel: Most of us who drive and who have ever been pulled over by a policeman for speeding can testify that it is probably one of the most uncomfortable feelings that a person can have. There is something that goes through us that makes us immediately think about our wrong. I think this is how Isaiah must have felt when he saw the Lord. He shouted out ,"Woe is me for I am undone." He immediately realized his wrong. Luckily for him, he was not appearing before the judgment seat of God with those unclean lips. He knew he would at that very moment been toast! Isaiah was shown the vision so he could change himself and go tell others. If your church doesn't give you a glimpse into heaven so you can see your wrong and change, it may not be a church of truth. A true church of Jesus Christ is going to preach truth and preach against sin because it knows that sin cannot enter there (heaven). Even when the policeman gives you a warning, he tells you not to do it again. We need to be thankful for a church that preaches the truth and gives us warning to obey the laws of God.

Sing: God has smiled on me, He has set me free. God has, smiled on me, He's been good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment