Monday, September 16, 2013

2013 September 16 - Morning Manna

"But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" (Matthew 14:24-31)
Today's Morsel: I can remember in the Army the first time I had to go through drown proofing training. Not knowing how to swim at the time and only knowing how to dog paddle, when they told me that we had to jump into the deep water, I froze. I thought for sure that I was going to drown. But after going through the training of how to hold my breath while taking my fatigue jacket or trousers to make a life preserver, this awesome training taught me how to survive in deep water to prevent drowning and to save my life. I wonder what Peter would have done if he would have had this type training when he began to sank? You know, the Word of God has every life saving measure in it for how to survive in every situation we encounter that may seem life threatening to us. Where so many fail is that they miss training. They don't see Bible study, Sunday School and church as important. And they fail to realize that the Bible is a life saving manual, and so they never read it. Thus, they never learn the life saving techniques and procedures to use when they feel as though they are drowning in the situations of life. Always remember, the first principle of survival in waters the of affliction and rivers of depression (deep waters) is faith in God.

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shores, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more; but the master of the sea heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
Love lifted me! Love lifted me! when nothing else could help, Love lifted me. Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, Love, lifted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment