Saturday, September 21, 2013

2013 September 21 - Morning Manna

Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint. (Proverbs 25:19)
 
Today's Morsel: You know, I'm one of those people who likes to give people a chance when they tell me they are going to do something. I like to believe that they will follow through with what they say they are going to do. But when they don't follow through, I'm a little let down. Because now, when they want another chance, it's hard for me to trust them. Solomon said that confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint. In other words, it is very painful. It hurts because you were depending on them. When Christians aren't faithful to what they say they are going to do, it hurts the entire body. In so many way, I wonder if when we say that we are going to do something for Christ and don't do it, if He loses confidence in us and just how much it hurts Him? Jesus is always faithful, and so we should strive to be faithful, too. One of the things you can be sure of, He's still going to be faithful to those who are faithful to Him.
 
Sing: He's been faithful, faithful to me, looking back, His love and mercy I see, though in my heart I have questioned, even failed to believe, He's been faithful, faithful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment