Monday, May 13, 2013

2013 May 13 - Morning Manna

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved" (Psalms 55:22)
 
Today's Morsel: When my wife and I were missionaries and we went to churches to present our missions field in hopes to gain support for the work of God, the pastors would often say to us, "Come share your burden with us." I knew what they meant; they wanted us to share with them why we felt God had called us to a certain area of the world and for what purpose. I don't believe that any of us should be carrying around burdens, since we are told to cast them upon the Lord. I think the call of God should be carried with excitement and not as a burden. I think we should be so excited about what God is doing that others will want to join the team. If I say that it is a burden, then many may say, "Why do I want to be a missionary if it is a burden." I don't read where Pau, in all his missions trips, said that it was a burden for him. He said, "But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel"(Philippians 1:12). He told the church at Corinth, "But be it so, I did not burden you" (2 Corinthians 12:16). Paul wasn't carrying around any burdens and we shouldn't be either. If I have burdens, I'm bound to burden someone else. Are you burdened with something today? Are you worried about your health? Are you wearied about your children? What about your job? Are you worried about whether the things you've depended on will be around when you reach retirement age? Is the past weighing you down? The psalmist and Peter both tell us to cast our burdens and cares that weight us down on the Lord (Psalms 55:22 and 1 Peter 5:7). If we keep carrying things around that weigh us down, pretty soon they may just crush us.
 
Sing: Are you weary, are you heavy hearted? Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus. Are you grieving over joys departed? Tell it to Jesus alone.
Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus, He is a friend that's well known; you have no other such a friend or brother, tell it to Jesus alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment