Tuesday, May 28, 2013

2013 May 28 - Morning Manna

A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones. (Proverbs 14:30)
 
Today's Morsel: How secure are you in your walk with God? A sound heart is like medicine, or a cure; it delivers, it heals, it's wholesome and it's able to spring back when it is hurt. When our heart is firm and grounded it gives us life. Solomon said that out of our heart proceeds the issue of life. Therefore, if we want to have a life that is overflowing and abundant while we are in this flesh, we have to ensure that our heart is focused on the things that are most important. A sound heart does not envy what others have or their achievements. A sound heart rejoices with them. A sound heart knows that where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. A sound heart does not lust nor think evil of any. When our hearts are focused on Jesus, He will keep us in perfect peace. If your life is without the fruit of the spirit, your heart isn't going to be sound. But a heart that is content and satisfied with the things that it has, will be unmovable and unshakable. 
 
Sing: I've got my foot on the rock and my mind's made up, though I walk through the lowly valley, though I drink from the bitter cup; when the devil comes a knocking trying to show me an easier way, I stand right, flat on my feet; I throw my, head in the air; I look him, straight in the eye; I say, my foot's on the rock and my mind's made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment