Friday, May 3, 2013

2013 May 3 - Morning Manna

Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life. (Proverbs 13:12)
 
Today's Morsel: Often when we are waiting for an answer it can become taxing and even stressful. I know of men and women who say, "I prayed but God doesn't seem to be coming through for me." Even Daniel was starting to feel like God wasn't answering him. But once the angel arrived and told him why, Daniel was content with his answer. I believe that if we would pray for God's will to be done, we wouldn't be stressed while we are waiting for our answer to come. Elijah knew it was going to rain, but he needed confirmation from God. And so when his servant told him, "Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand;" he said, "Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not"(1 Kings 18:41-46). John the Baptist was also wanting and answer. "And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another? When the men were come unto him, they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another? And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight. Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached. And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me" (Luke 7:19-23). And when John got his answer from Jesus, he said, "I must decrease he must increase." So if you are waiting on an answer from God, " Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD" (Psalms 27:14).
 
Sing: Learning to lean, I'm learning to lean, I'm learning to lean on Jesus; Finding more power than I ever dreamed, I'm learning to lean on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment