Tuesday, December 18, 2012

2012 December 18 - Morning Manna

O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth. Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof. Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth. (Psalms 96:9-13)
Today's Morsel: He's making a list, he checking it twice, he's gonna find out if you've been naughty or nice, Santa Claus is coming to town. I'm one that believes that Santa Claus gets a bad rap. The Jolly Old Fellow is only trying to bring joy, elation and excitement back which is missing in most peoples' lives, even in children. People are hurting, stressed and without love and he (Santa) is trying to do what Jesus told us do; Freely you have received, freely give. I like the Jolly Old Fellow. Not because I want gifts, but because I see a guy who cares. I see a guy who is willing to sacrifice himself to make others feel a little happier. I know that reindeer don't fly. But who cares, if it brings a hurting child some excitement, or draws a family or someone to understand the true meaning of Christmas. Jesus said, "And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light" (Luke 16:8). When we flip the pages, the psalmist was telling us that Jesus is coming. He said, "Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth." He's coming to judge the earth. He's coming to find out if you've been naughty or nice. He's coming to see if you've done what He's asked of you. So before you bash Old Saint Nick, you may want to ask yourself, "How many hours have I devoted to making someone happy? How many hours have I spent baking to encourage a neighbor? How many hours have I sang carols to bring someone some joy and hope? How many wet, sticky kids ( young and old) have I held on my lap so family memories could be captured?" "Behold He cometh," the psalmist said. And when He get here, where will your name appear on Jesus' list? "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" Jesus said (Matthew 7:21-23).
Sing: Are you ready should the Savior call today? Would Jesus say well done or go away? My home is for the pure, the vile can never stay, we shall see the King when He comes.
We shall see the King! We shall see the King! We shall see the King when He comes. He's coming in His power, we'll hail the blessed hour, we shall see the King when He comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment