Monday, December 17, 2012

2012 December 17 - Morning Manna

When I lie down, I say, When shall I arise, and the night be gone? and I am full of tossings to and fro unto the dawning of the day. My flesh is clothed with worms and clods of dust; my skin is broken, and become loathsome. (Job 7:4-5).
Today's Morsel: When I was a kid, there was this song entitled, "Tossing and Turning." Some of the words were, "I couldn't sleep at all last night, for just a thinking about you... kicked the blanket on the floor turned my pillow upside down. The jist was that he was thinking about his sweetheart and couldn't get to sleep. And then there was this commercial which offered a certain drug for those who had sleepless nights. Many people seem to be suffering from the condition of insomnia these day. Their lives seem to be all tied up in a knot. They are suffering from sleepless nights due to worry, stress, sickness, grief, remorse, or bad decisions. Me, I don't have that problem. My Bible says,"It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep" (Psalms 127:2). Isaiah encourages us by saying, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee" (Isaiah 26:3). Job found himself tossing and turning all night due to his sickness. But something got into Job's heart and he cried out to his friends, "Hold your peace, let me alone, that I may speak, and let come on me what will. Wherefore do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in mine hand? Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him" (Job 13:13-16). Even though I'm tossing and turning, Job said, God is still my salvation and hope. And no matter how many nights I go without sleep, "He knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10).
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning ( Psalms 30:5). "Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein" (Jeremiah 6:16).
Sing:
1. LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! Many arethey that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God.
Chorus: But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head (2X).
2. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. (Chorus)
3. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselvesagainst me round about (2X). (Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment