Friday, December 14, 2012

2012 December 14 - Morning Manna

And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging: And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant. And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by. And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him, Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God. (Luke 18:35-43)


Today's Morsel: Do you allow the crowd to silence your worship? Do you allow what others may say or think to cause you to hide the light of Christ from shining through your life? Wouldn't it be sad that if everyone you worked with and your neighbors didn't know that you were a Christian? You know the same constitution that gives people the right to not be a Christian, gives you the right to be one. Being a Christian isn't a position, it's a lifestyle. You see, the devil and his forces know what a Christian is suppose to look like and be like. But sad to say, too many that say they are Christians, don't know what they are suppose to look and be like. Paul tried to help us when he wrote to the church at Corinth, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." (2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1). Because many do not want others to know that they are Christians, they keep silent when Jesus is passing by. But not the blind man in today's Scripture. As soon as he heard that it was Jesus passing by, he cried out. And when everyone tried to get him to be silent, he cried out louder. We should not allow others to silence us from calling out to Jesus. For He said, "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me" (Psalms 50:15).


Sing: Pass me not, O gentle Savior, hear my humble cry; while on others Thou art calling, do not pass me by.

Savior, Savior, hear my humble cry; while on others Thou are calling, do not pass me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment