Saturday, December 1, 2012

2012 December 1 - Morning manna

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him. (Job 13:15-16)
Today's Morsel: To be stable is to be steadfast, unmovable, constant, have steadiness, have firmness, solid, strong. I am of the belief, that too many so-called Christians are not firm in their walk and faith. They aren't rooted and grounded in the truth, nor are they holding firm and fast to their calling. There are just too many believers that are so soon uprooted. Paul told the church at Galatia: "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Galatians 5:1). If there has ever been a time to be stable in our walk with God, it is now. There are going to be things trying to uproot you. Things that are going to try to remove you from this faith. False teachings. Afflictions. Erratic weather patterns. Unexplainable sickness. Winds of doctrine. They are going to try to change your doctrine. Holiness is going to be displayed as no longer important. A life of holy living is going to be laughed at. A life of being a Christian is going to be mocked, scoffed at and made as a joke to draw you away. Daniel said that he's going to try to wear out the saints of the most high and think to change times and laws (Daniel 7:25-28). James said that you need to count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations (James 1:2). You need to learn how to rejoice and be excited about certain things that come against you. Peter tells you to think it not strange the fiery trials which is to try you (1 Peter 4:12), because it is the trial of your faith that will produce your eternal salvation (1 Peter 1:7-9). So hang in there. Jude tells us to build up ourselves on our most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost (Jude 22-23). Job said, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him." J ob also said, "My mind is made up." I don't know about you, but I'm standing firm because, "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). If you let go of Jesus, you have nothing to hold on to. He's an anchor of hope both sure and steadfast and unmovable. So tie a knot and hold on.
Sing: Though all hell assails me, I shall not be moved, for Jesus will not fail me, and I shall not be moved, just like a tree, planted by the waters, I shall not be moved.
Chorus: I shall not be, I shall not be move. I shall not be, I shall not be moved. Just like a tree planted by the waters, I shall not be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment