Wednesday, September 8, 2010

2010 September 8 - Morning Manna

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth (1 John 3:16-18).


Today's Morsel: If you love me show me that you care, the wife said to her husband. The husband looked in surprise at her comment and said, "I told you on the day we were married, now don't you ever forget it again."
Do we really love one another the way that Jesus told us to? Do your actions reflect His love in you. Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35). Love causes us to put others before ourselves. Love is caring for someone else's needs before our own. It's seeing the need of others and helping out. Love doesn't hold grudges, but offers forgiveness even if it isn't at fault. Love doesn't keep score as to who won and who lost. Love goes out of its way to ensure that someone else feels better, is satisfied, and is happy. People who say that they love God should always give of their time, talents, and treasures to the work of the Lord. John said that Jesus laid down His life for us, and we should lay down our lives for the brethren. Let's be selfless servants and show forth His love to others.

Sing: I want to live the way He wants me to live. I want to give, until there's just no more to give. I want to love, love till there's just no more love, I could never, never out love the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment