Saturday, September 25, 2010

2010 September 25 - Morning Manna

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all (Ephesians 4:1-6).


Today's Morsel: Are you aware that if you are not in unity,it cannot happen? If you will notice in the word "Unity" there is the letter "U" at the beginning and "I" in the center. That means that for anything to have unity, it takes "U" and "I" to make it happen. So if you take "U" and "I" out of the equation, we'll never have "UNITY". When you get married, you are united in holy matrimony. You come together in unity. One. But it takes "U" and "I" to keep it together. If "U" or "I" do not do their part, then unity is broken and divorce happens. The church is to be a united body of believers working together in unity. But again, if "U" and "I" do not do our part to keep it together, we will have disunity, the church will suffer, and we will divorce ourselves from each other and render the work of the Lord non-effective. The Apostle Paul said that we should endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. He lists the things in the church that must be united. He said that there is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. He says that it's all one. Therefore, to keep it one, we have to have "U" and "I" to ensure that the church remains as God intended it to be from the beginning. Be not deceived, God hates discord.

Sing: You're my brother, you're my sister, so take me by the hand, together we will work, until He comes. There's no foe that can defeat us, when we're walking side by side, as long as there is love, we can stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment