Tuesday, September 14, 2010

2010 September 14 - Morning Manna

For at the window of my house I looked through my casement, And beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding (Proverbs 7:6-7).


Today's Morsel: The other day my wife said to me, " We need to set aside a time to clean the windows." My wife hates dirty windows. And I strongly agree with her. I want to be able to see out and allow the sunlight to come in. What do you see when you look through your window of belief? Hanging in front of everyone of us is an invisible window through which we see the world around us. As we go through life, we view events, circumstances, and people through our window of belief. As time goes on, different things are etched on our window. And whatever is written will color or discolor what we see through it. Sometimes it may be something that is wonderful, like the promises of God, or it can be something demeaning, like insults. What we see can resemble a beautiful mural or ugly graffiti, depending on what you choose to allow on your window. Maybe someone has drummed into you that you are irresponsible and slow, and from that time forward, you've seen everything in light of that statement. Maybe someone told you you woul never amount to anything; then later in life when you made a mistake, you saw yourself as they had said you were. You can't always prevent people from spraying graffiti on your window, but you can decide whether or not to let it remain there. You are the one responsible for what is written on that window, inside and out, so make sure you don't write things that are demeaning and that do not represent God and yourself. The best way to keep your window clean is with the Word of God. If something doesn't build you up and edify you, then wooosh!, off it goes. Discipline yourself to read the word of God daily, as it is through the Word of God that we clean our way (Psalms 119.9;John 15:3). God's Word will keep your belief window clean and your thoughts healthy. Remember, healthy thoughts build healthy attitudes! And healthy attitudes make us see things more clearly.

Sing: The windows of heaven are open, God's power is falling tonight. There's joy, joy, joy in my heart , since Jesus made everything right. I gave Him my old tattered garment, He gave me a robe of pure white, I'm feasting on manna from heaven, and that's why I'm happy tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment