Saturday, September 11, 2010

2010 September 11 - Morning Manna

And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him. And when Jacob saw them, he said, This is God's host: and he called the name of that place Mahanaim (Genesis 32:1-2).


Today's Morsel: Reading and focusing on Jacob's return trip home from living with his uncle Laban, we see and sense the fear that is still in Jacob's heart for his brother Esau. The last thing that Jacob remembered when he departed home was that his brother Esau had stated that he would kill him for stealing his birthright. And now God is having Jacob return to his home, but Jacob is fearful. God even sends him a host of angels for his protection. And even though he recognizes whose they are, he is still fearful. Are you like Jacob? How many signs does God have to provide you to allow you to know that He is with you? What tangible signs are you waiting for before you realize that God will never leave you nor forsake you? Paul said that God hath not give us the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7). Fear can grip you and prevent you from accomplishing the things that God desires to do in you, with you, and through you. God has a purpose for your life the same as He did Jacob, but you have to believe Him when He tells you where to go. One of the things about fear is that it will try to prevent you from achieving your dreams and goals, and it will, if you let it. John tells us that fear torments. In other words, fear will make you stressful, suffer with pain, and lose your hope. The reason Jacob was not encouraged about the heavenly host, was he allowed fear to overpower him. If you let fear control you long enough, you too will not be able to see that God is with you. Let me encourage you, crush fear from your life as soon as it happens.

Sing: I can hear my Savior calling. I can hear my Savior calling. I can hear my Savior calling. "Take thy cross and follow, follow, Me."

Chorus: Where he leads me I will follow, where He leads me I will follow. Where He leads me I will follow, I'll go with Him, with Him, all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment