Friday, September 10, 2010

2010 September 10 - Morning Manna

Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me (Psalms 119:49-50).


Today's Morsel: Just how much stock do you put in the Word of God? I don't know about you, but I am encouraged every time I read the Word of God. The psalmist said that the word is his comfort in his time of suffering, trials, and afflictions. God knows the things that we have need of, and so His Word is given to encourage us during our time of need. Brokenhearts are mended, troubles vanish, and our spirits are given life by the Word of God. However, you can't just only read the Word, you have to apply the Word of God to your life and situation if you are going to obtain results from it (James 1:22). The Word brings life to a thirsty and dying soul. It shows which road to take when you are at the crossroads in your life. It enlightens the path when the way is dark and dreary. The psalmist said that the word quickened me and therefore causes me to hope. The Word revived him and allowed him to see what was before him. It caused him to be able to see that everything was going to be alright. Remember what Jesus said, I won't leave you comfortless, I will come to you. Because Jesus is the Wword made flesh (John 1:1&14), it is He that revives us and gives us hope in the time of our afflictions. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all" (Psalms 34:19).

Sing: Revive us again; fill each heart with Thy love; may each soul be rekindled with fire from above.

Chorus: Hallelujah! Thine to glory! Hallelujah! Amen! Hallelujah! Thine the glory! Revive us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment