Saturday, May 8, 2010

2010 May 8 - Morning Manna

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him (Hebrews 11:1-6).


Today's Morsel: When I visited the "Grand Canyon", the lady asked me if I would like to purchase a pass that would allow me access to all the National Parks in America. With this pass, I would never have to purchase another ticket to enter a North American park. But because I was living overseas at the time, it would not have benefited me. What about our faith? Our faith is like a forever pass. Paul said "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God" (Romans 5:1-2). Faith gives us access into God's unmerited love and peace. What a ticket. Anytime I desire it, I can get it. I can come before Jesus anytime I want, because I have a permanent pass. And whatever I ask of Him, He hears me. But without faith, I can't get in and He's not pleased with me. This is one permanent ticket that no one can do without. Have you lost your entrance pass? Well, you can get another one before you get to the gate. So don't wait until you get to the gate and don't have it. Remember the 5 virgins? They couldn't get in when they returned; the gate was closed. Faith is the substance, it is your confidence and assurance, of the things you are hoping for.

Sing: I believe God! I believe God! That He will do just as He said; trust and obey, believe Him and say, I believe, I believe God!

If you need salvation now, or the Holy Ghost and power; just trust and obey, believe Him and say, I believe, I believe God!

No comments:

Post a Comment