Thursday, May 27, 2010

2010 May 27- Morning Manna

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me (Psalms 69:9).


Today's Morsel: Why do you attend church? Do you love attending church or do you struggle with attending? Here are a few tips in helping you answer. If you get your clothes ready the night before Sunday service, you love attending. If you are running late and you call your wife or husband and say, pick something out for me to wear to service tonight, you love attending. If your favorite seat is close to the front of the church, you love attending. But on the other hand, if you would just as soon stay home when you are running late or you don't make any effort to attend when you are late, you are struggling in your walk and you don't love attending. If you find it hard to get out the door on Sunday and you are yelling and screaming at your family because they aren't getting ready in a timely manner, you are struggling and you don't love attending. If you would just as soon sit in the back of the church, then you don't love attending. If others in the church bother you because of their mannerisms, then you are struggling in your walk and attending church doesn't fit in your priority of life, and you would just as soon stay home. If we say that we are Christians, then there should be an eagerness and zeal in our life for the house of God in all situations. Luke said that Jesus had a custom, and that custom was that on the Sabbath day He went to the house of God (Luke 4:16). Are you a follower of Christ?

Sing: I was glad when they said unto me, I was glad when they said unto me, I was glad when they said unto me, come let us go to the house of the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment