Friday, May 21, 2010

2010 May 21 - Morning Manna

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2:1-4).


Today's Morsel: Did you speak with other tongues when you were filled with the Holy Ghost just like those in the upper room did on the day of Pentecost? Luke, the author of the book of Acts, said that they were all filled. Even Mary, the mother of Jesus, was in the upper room and was filled with the Holy Ghost speaking with other tongues, according to Luke (Acts 1:14). Today, many church leaders play down the importance of being filled with the Spirit of God. Some never stress to their followers that they need to be filled, possibly because they themselves have never been filled. Paul said, "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9). One of the most joyous feelings a person can experience is that of knowing that God has placed His Spirit inside of them and that He confirms it to us by us speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. The Holy Ghost is a gift that is for everyone, and you can have this precious promise, you just have to ask Jesus for it!

Sing: I've got the Holy Ghost down in my soul, just like the Bible said; I've got the Holy Ghost down in my soul, just like the Bible said; well I've been to the water and I've been baptized in Jesus name, my soul got happy and I'm so satisfied, I wouldn't take nothing for my journey now, just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible said!

No comments:

Post a Comment