Thursday, February 18, 2010

18 February 2010 - Morning Manna

When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God. And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer. Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues. For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant. But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath. For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again (Psalms 78:34-39).


Today’s Morsel: I have heard people say that God isn’t fair. But when we read Scripture, we can see that God goes above and beyond to provide and care for us. But we, often times, do not thank Him for all that He does for us. Scripture says that they flatter (sweet-talked) God with their mouth, they lied to Him, and neither was their heart right with him, nor did they keep his covenant. And after they did all of this, God, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity and destroyed them not. Many a time turned he his anger away and did not stir up all his wrath. He remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again. If you don’t think that you are serving a good God, what more proof do we need. Jeremiah said of Him, “Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD” (Lamentations 3:19-26). Jeremiah said that God didn’t allow him to be destroyed, but had compassion on him and delivered him. Friend, stop and think about how good Jesus has been to you. Paul said that God is not willing that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance. When we turn from our wicked ways and come unto Him, He will abundantly pardon. If you need forgiveness today, He is a God that hears and a God that cares.

Sing: Amazing grace, shall always be my song of praise; for it was grace that brought my liberty. I do not know, just why He came to love me so, He looked beyond my faults, and saw my need.

I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary, to view the cross where Jesus died for me, how marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul, He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment