Thursday, February 11, 2010

11 February 2010 - Morning Manna

Then spake the chief butler unto Pharaoh, saying, I do remember my faults this day: Pharaoh was wroth with his servants, and put me in ward in the captain of the guard's house, both me and the chief baker: And we dreamed a dream in one night, I and he; we dreamed each man according to the interpretation of his dream. And there was there with us a young man, an Hebrew, servant to the captain of the guard; and we told him, and he interpreted to us our dreams; to each man according to his dream he did interpret. And it came to pass, as he interpreted to us, so it was; me he restored unto mine office, and him he hanged. Then Pharaoh sent and called Joseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: and he shaved himself, and changed his raiment, and came in unto Pharaoh (Genesis 41:9-14).


Today’s Morsel: After spending many years in prison, Joseph's day finally came for him to be released from prison. Joseph was being summoned to meet the king. If you will notice the first thing that Joseph did was get himself prepared to meet the king. He shaved himself and changed his garments. Joseph was not about to appear before the king looking any old way. This is a great lesson for each of us. We should never appear before Jesus looking just any old way. Joseph saw it as an honor and an opportunity that the king would send for him. He saw it as an honor because only certain people were able to get close to the king or come before his presence. Joseph also saw it as an opportunity to be used of God for His purpose. We should always strive to come before God with thanksgiving in our heart, and into His court with praise wearing and looking our very best. It seems as though many of God’s people today are starting to come before Him dressed and looking any old way. All of us, if we were summoned by the president of our country, would go out of our way to look our very best before we appeared before him or her; how much more when we appear before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? Always remember, you represent Jesus 24-hours a day no matter where you are. We never know when He will call for us to come before Him. Does your attire and countenance show others that you belong to Jesus? One of the things the military taught me was that I do not represent myself only, but the entire military. And therefore, when I put-on my uniform, I should always look my best, as I was a recruiting tool. Would God place you on a recruiting poster for His church?

Sing: Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, lift up your voice to God, pray in the spirit, and with understanding, Oh magnify the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment