Saturday, February 20, 2010

20 February 2010 - Morning Manna

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever
 (Psalms 73:25-26).


Today’s Morsel: In the 70’s, Tony Orlando and Dawn wrote a song title, “Tie A Yellow Ribbon Around The Old Oak Tree.” Today, with many of our military members being deployed, I have noticed many yellow ribbons tied around trees and on car bumpers. They are saying, "Yes I/we still want you back." When you truly love someone or something, there is always a craving within to see or to hold that someone or something. The psalmist said of the Lord, “Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.” Like the psalmist, I find myself saying and wanting to caress the Lord. There are times I want to be like the apostle John and just lay my head upon His bosom. Sometimes this old world just seems to get a little bit too big and I want to convert to my childhood and just crawl up on my Daddy’s knee. Sometimes my flesh and heart fail me, but because I know that He is my strength and my portion forever, I am able to lift my hands in praise to Him, and feel the joy and pride that it brings when I feel His presence surrounding me. Friend, when the Lord is your portion, nothing else will satisfy you, and you never have to worry about being empty of anything you have need of. And you never need to worry, He always wants you.

Sing: God is the joy and the strength of my life, He moves all pain, misery, and strife. He promised to keep me, never to leave me. He'll never ever come short of His word.

I've got to fast and pray, stay in His narrow way, keep my life clean everyday; I want to go with Him when He comes back, I've come to far and I'll never turn back.

God is (3x), God is my all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment