Wednesday, February 17, 2010

17 February 2010 - Morning Manna

The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit. Wherefore I will yet plead with you, saith the LORD, and with your children's children will I plead. For pass over the isles of Chittim, and see; and send unto Kedar, and consider diligently, and see if there be such a thing. Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit. Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD. For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water
 (Jeremiah 2:8-13).


Today’s Morsel: I wonder, just how much of our health issues is cause due to a lack of water consumption? When I was a kid, we were told in health class that we should drink at least eight (8) eight ounce glasses of water each day. That means, we would consume at least a gallon of water per-day. We may not realize it, but our body uses water in many ways that we may not even be aware of and therefore it needs to be replenished. We can live without just about anything except water. When we have a lack of water in our bodies, we begin to dehydrate, thus we are taking a chance of causing injury to our bodies. We must do everything we can to stay hydrated, both naturally and spiritually. Sodas, coffee, tea, power drinks, and juices are all substitutes for water that may quench thirst but they will never meet the required need of the body. They may make you feel good temporarily, but they will not meet the need of your body that water does.

The Lord told Jeremiah that his people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. They had gone from the Living Water and tried to meet their needs by themselves. Friend, nothing can replace Jesus. No matter how hard we may try, you aren’t going to find a substitute for Him. Jesus told the woman at the well, “Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life” (John 4:13-14). Notice, she would have a well within herself. Not a natural well of water, but a spiritual well of water that would give her everlasting life. So let me encourage you today as the apostle Paul tells us, “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Ephesians 5:18-20). Remember, only Jesus can satisfy your soul.

Sing: I thirsted in a land of sin and shame and nothing satisfying there I found; but to the blessed cross of Christ one day I came, where springs of living water did abound.

Drinking at the springs of living water, happy now am I, my soul they satisfy. Drinking at the springs of living water, oh wonderful and bountiful supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment