Monday, October 28, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 28 October 2019


Famine

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD(Amos 8:11)

Today’s Morsel:  The Prophet Amos had prophesied that one day there would be a famine for the words of God.  History tells us that there were 400 years of silence between the Old and New Testaments.  God’s people did not hear from Him.  Can you image not hearing from God?  What would you do if there was a famine for the word of God?  When Joseph told Pharaoh of his impending dream of a famine which was to come, they gathered five percent of everything that came in for the first seven years.  And they were able to endure the famine.   Are you memorizing and hiding the word of God in your heart so that if there is a famine of the word, you can still preach and teach the infallible word of God?  Hide the word in your heart so you can endure the famine.  

Sing: I’m learning how to lean and depend on Jesus, He’s my friend, and He’s my God.  I’m learning how to lean and depend on Jesus, I found out, if I would trust Him, He will provide.

Thought For Today: What would you do if there was a famine for the word of God?


No comments:

Post a Comment