Friday, October 25, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 October 2019


 Slothfulness

“I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.” (Proverbs 24:30-34)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things you learn about being a property owner is that if you do not have good work ethics, you will find yourself spending a lot of money for upkeep and repairs.  Things don’t last forever.  They must be kept up.  When it comes to farming and owning a farm, most farmers will do everything they can to ensure their farms are well looked after and taken care of, as they know that if not, it will not produce as it should, nor will it be a good representation as to who they are.  Here, Solomon gives us a picture of what a lazy farmer's field looks like.  It is all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face of it, and the stone wall was broken down.  The same is true for us in our spiritual life.  If we fail to keep up our personal appearance, conduct, holiness, and godly lifestyle, we will be a poor representation as God’s husbandman.

Sing:  I'll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. I'll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.

Thought For Today:  Keep an eye on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment