Friday, October 18, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 October 2019


The Strong Tower

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.(Proverbs 18:10)

Today’s Morsel:  Throughout the Old Testament, some of the attributes of God are shown through words such as: Protector, Defender, Refuge, Stronghold, Bulwark, Rampart, Fortification, Rear-reward.  David said, “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.(Psalms 18:2)  In the olden times, cities of refuge were places of safety.  The tower mentioned by Solomon was probably more associated with the city of refuge.  These cities were seen as places of safety and strength.  By relating the Lord's Name with a strong tower or city of refuge, it would display it as a place of safety.  As the psalmist said, “I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.(Psalms 4:8)  When we dwell in the secret place of the Most High or run unto Him, we abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Sing: The name of the Lord is, a strong tower, the righteous run into it and they are safe. The name of the Lord is, a strong tower, the righteous run into it and they are safe.  Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be the name of the Lord most high.  Blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be the name of the Lord, blessed be the name of the Lord most high.

Thought For Today: Are you dwelling in safety?

No comments:

Post a Comment