Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 October 2019


What’s the Conclusion?

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.(2 Thessalonians 1:7-10)

Today’s Morsel:  I often find that most people make decisions without considering the end-state or conclusion.  Every decision that we make has a consequence or conclusion.  Some will be good and some will be evil.  But if we consider and seek God for His wisdom and knowledge before we decide, it will probably reward us with good.  If not, it could reward us with evil.  Paul asked the question, "What will be the end to those who do not obey the gospel?"  And he gives the answer. He said, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints. Failure to obey the gospel can be painful. Solomon states, “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.(Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)  If Jesus came right now, what would be the conclusion to your life?  

Sing:  For me! For me! For me! There’s a mansion there for me, in glory land so bright and fair where the victor's crown, I soon shall wear.  Come and go with me, for I want to be back you see.  If anybody’s going to be happy over there it’s me, me, me, me.

Thought For Today: Know that there is a conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment