Thursday, November 8, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 8

“For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ; Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God” (Philippians 1:8-11).

Today’s Morsel:  What do you do to make your love grow more in Christ and towards others?  I’m often taken aback when I hear people say that they went to a church and did not feel love.  Now, I can understand this if the person knows nothing about Christ, and they don’t feel love from those who say that they do know Him.  But if the person who makes the statement confesses to being a Christian and says such, then I have a problem with that statement because they should not be seeking for love but giving love.  God is love, and as His child we give His love to others.  Paul told the Philippians that he prayed that their love may abound more and more in knowledge and in all judgment.  In other words, as their love abounded, so their knowledge would be increased, and their judgment in spiritual things would be better informed and established.  Some Christians are more affectionate, and less knowing, while others are more knowing and less affectionate.  Therefore, when our love for Christ grows our knowledge and judgment should keep pace.

Sing:  I love Him. I love Him. Because He first loved me. He purchased my salvation on Calvary.


Though For Today: The more you love the more you’ll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment