Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 7

“When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee” (Proverbs 2:10-11).

Today’s Morsel:  How much do you value the gospel since you have been born-again?  I’m afraid that many so-called Christians are not aware of what the gospel came with.  In writing to the Hebrews, Paul stated, "But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak” (Hebrews 6:9).  When you became born-again, wisdom should have entered your heart and mind.  Again, Paul stated, “For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance…” (1 Thessalonians 1:5).  The gospel makes a man or woman wise and discreet in their everyday living, and in their conduct and manners.  The discretion that the gospel gives will put you on guard to watch yourself and direct you to watch against every error, and every false way.  And so, Solomon says, discretion will watch over you to keep thee from every pernicious way of wrong doctrine and its teachings.  If you want to see eternal salvation, then you must allow discretion to preserve you and understanding keep you.

Sing:  Jesus hold my hand; Lord I need Thee every hour. Through this pilgrim land, protect me by Thy saving power.  Hear my feeble plea, O’ Lord look down on me.  When I kneel in prayer, I know I’ll meet you there. Blessed Jesus hold my hand.


Thought For Today: Keep discretion around your neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment