Saturday, November 24, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 24

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer” 
(Psalms 19:14).

Today’s Morsel:  Recently I heard someone say that when we start to have all these evil thoughts running through our minds, it may be the Spirit’s way of telling us to pray against those things so that our minds are not defiled.  David prayed that his word and meditation would be acceptable to God.  In other words, David wanted his speech during conversations with others not to be of filth and foolishness, nasty or unethical, not immoral or bad; but filled with such that ministered grace to the hearer.  David knew that if this was the case with his speech when he addressed God both in prayer and offerings thanksgiving none would be accepted.  Paul tells us, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you” (Philippians 4:8-9). Clean words mean a clean mind.  How are your words?  

Sing:  Sing them over again to me, Wonderful words of Life.  Let me more of their beauty see, Wonderful words of Life.  Words of life and beauty, teach me faith and duty.  Beautiful words, wonderful words, wonderful of life.


Thought For Today: “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee” (Psalms 119:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment