Thursday, November 22, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 22

‘Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:6-9).

Today’s Morsel:  I will tell you, I wish I always knew God’s ways.  In so many ways, I do know it as it is recorded in His word.  I just need to search it out.  But for many folks, it just doesn’t make sense to follow the pattern that He has set for us to follow.  For example, who would think that there is any benefit in praising God when you are going through your trials and tribulations? Who would think of giving thanks in everything that you go through that doesn’t reward you good (1 Thessalonians 5:18), or will help you feel better?  Who would think turning the other cheek when someone smacks you would benefit you?  Or what about someone taking your shirt so you give them your coat too?  I know that it doesn’t compute in our fleshly mind, but it does in our spiritual minds.  You see, it is not about what we lose or how we are treated, nor what we may be going through.  It is all about our attitudes during them. You see, it’s our attitude’s that determines our strength when we are weak.  But if we faint in the day of adversity, our strength is small and His ways do not compute.  His ways are so much higher than our ways, so it makes perfect sense to follow them.  

Sing:  Say the name of Jesus!  Say that name so precious.  No other name I know.  That can calm my fears, and dry my tears, and wipe away my pain. When I don’t know what else to say and I just can’t find my way.  I just say the name.


Thought For Today: His way is so much higher than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment