Thursday, November 29, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 November 29

“And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept. And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above; And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck” 
(Genesis 27:38-40).

Today’s Morsel:  As I grow older, I find myself reminiscing on some of the things that I once owned that I would love to have today.  I now see the value of them, but it’s too late.  They are gone.  Esau’s decision to forgo his birthright, by all accounts, was not considered.  His desire to satisfy his flesh for the moment of gratification was not weighed against his future blessings, like Moses.  Scripture says, “ By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward” 
(Hebrews 11:24-26).  And when Esau wanted his blessing or birthright, scripture says, “For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears” (Hebrews 12:17).  Even though Esau was broken, he couldn’t find repentance because his actions went against God.  Don’t despise your birthright, you are going to need it someday.  Hold fast to what is important.  

Sing:  He touched me. Oh, oh, He touched me. And oh, the joy that floods my soul.  Something happened and now I know, He touched me and made me whole.


Thought For Today:  Hold tight to your birthright.

No comments:

Post a Comment