Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 25

O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well”
(Psalms 139:1-14).

Today’s Morsel:  I often wonder why people try to hide from God?   Knowing that nothing is hidden from Him, shouldn’t we be open and honest before Him?  Shouldn't we always display strong candor and integrity?  David asked, “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.”  David realized this after what he thought was a secret relationship with Bathsheba.  But God exposed his sin to him and David realized that God was everywhere and knew all things.  Let me encourage you today, don’t think that you are getting away with anything you’ve done in secret.  Jesus knows.  John said, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).  Maybe you have already repented because you know that God knows.  But if you haven’t, there is never a time like right now to have a little talk with Jesus and make everything all right.

Sing: Let us have a little talk with Jesus, tell Him all about our troubles, He will hear our faintest cry, He will answer by and by; when you feel a little prayer wheel turning, you’ll know a little fire is burning, you’ll find a little talk with Jesus makes it right.

Thought For Today: Confession is good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment