Monday, October 16, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 16

“Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly” (Psalms 119:1-8).

Today’s Morsel: Do you find it hard to do what God’s word tells you to do?  Do you struggle with your faith?  Do you find yourself saying one thing and doing another? Do you find it hard to walk the talk?  Why is it that we can do what the world says to do and not what God says to do?  The reason we struggle is a lack of self-discipline. We’ve been taught to grow in our faith and love, but not our temperance.  If we want to do what God tells us to do and keep His way, then we have to change our way of thinking and purpose in our hearts to do what His word says to do.  We must become not only hearers of His word but doers.

Sing:  Something beautiful, something good, all my confusion, Jesus understood.  All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, but He made something beautiful out of my life.

Thought For Today: Keep God’s way

No comments:

Post a Comment