Thursday, October 12, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 October 12

“Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word”
(Psalms 119:9-16)

Today’s Morsel: When I was a Drill Instructor in the Army, I used to tell my soldiers that I wanted to see all their junk on their bunk.  If I found something that they weren't supposed to have I made them get rid of it.  I notice that in the summer, people have lots of yard sales.  I was talking with one man who was having a sale and he said, “Yeah, I just needed to get rid of some of the junk.”  I thought to myself, isn’t life like that?  People accumulate so much junk in their lives that they don’t know what they have or who they are.  Many have accumulated so much junk that it’s choking the word of God from their lives and they can’t understand why they can’t overcome the struggles of life, they have forgotten who they are.  Do you think it might be time to do a little decluttering from your life?  The psalmist said, "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.”   It's time to have a get the junk out.
Sing:  I wanna be washed in the blood of the lamb, I need a cleansing from the fountain.  My soul is hungry, I’ve got this yearning within, I wanna to be washed by the blood of the Lamb.

Thought For Today: It’s time to dejunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment