Monday, September 5, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 September 5

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
(John 12:48)

Thought For Today: How do you receive advice when it is given to you?  I have found that most people who come to me for advice don’t want to hear what I have to tell them.  As soon as I try to tell them that their answer is located in the Word of God, they don’t want to hear it. Jesus said that the word that He had spoken would be the same word that would judge us in the last day.  God’s Word has the answer to life’s issues.  God is not saddened if we don’t obey it, because He knows that we will see it and hear it again.  Whether we like to hear it or not, punishment is based on the Word of God.  Sin is a violation of God’s Word.  Job said where the tree falls is where it will lay.  If you die a sinner, expect to appear before God as a sinner.  If you die as a righteous man, expect to appear before Him as a righteous man.  There is no purgatory for you to try to get it right. That same word that you hear preached will determine your final eternal destination.

Sing: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

Thought For Today: Obedience is better than sacrifice!

No comments:

Post a Comment