Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 September 13

And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt from off you. Wherefore the name of the place is called Gilgal unto this day.
(Joshua 5:9)

Today’s Morsel:  It is amazing to me the number of people who are born again yet still struggle with the past.  Why do so many cling to the past when God has rolled their reproach off them?  Didn’t Paul tell us that if any man be in Christ that he is a new creature?  Do we not believe that our past is under the blood?  Do we not believe that Jesus wiped the slate clean?  If we truly believe it, then why are so many worrying about the past?  It’s gone.  Paul said, “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13-14).  Your past can only haunt you if you listen to Satan and look back.  But if we listen to Jesus and look ahead to the prize. we are made free!

Sing:  No more shackles, no more chains, no more bondage, I am free. I am free to dance; I am free to run; I am free to live for You.  I am free.

Thought For Today:  This day, Jesus  has rolled your reproach off of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment