Wednesday, August 26, 2015

2015 August 26 - Morning Manna

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah. But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD. There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. (Psalms 4:1-8)

Today's Morsel:  Scripture tells us that the Lord said that He had found David a man after His own heart.  I see in scripture many things that bring David into focus of God.  Moses said that God was a man of war; David was a man of war.  God destroys His enemies; David destroyed his enemies.  The list could go on.  But one of the things we see in scripture about David is that he was a man who prayed.  Like Jesus, God in flesh, David prayed.  David wrote, "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer."  He would later write, "The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all" (Psalms 34:15-19).  If you want gladness in your heart, get into the habit of starting your day with prayer and cease not to call upon His name.  Become a man (or woman) after God's own heart.

Sing:  I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised.  So shall I be saved from my enemies, I will call upon the Lord.
The Lord liveth  and blessed be the Rock, and let the God of my salvation be exalted; The Lord liveth  and blessed be the Rock, and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Thought for Today:  The effectual fervent prayer  of a righteous man still avails much.

No comments:

Post a Comment