Saturday, August 1, 2015

2015 August 1 - Morning Manna

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
(2 Corinthians 3:17)

Today's Morsel:   As I was checking out at the store a few days ago, I noticed the cashiers name was Liberty.  And so to strike up a conversation, I said to her, "Are you free?" She said, " Oh yeah, I'm as free as a bird."  I said to her, "I notice your name is Liberty and that means freedom." She said, "I know, that's why I'm free."   
Many people think that they have freedom because of where they were born, what they have, or who they are.  But according to Friedrich Nietzache, "Freedom is the will to be responsible for ourselves."  Paul informs us that only where the Spirit of the Lord is do we have real freedom.  That being the case, then we must learn to abide in His presence all the time so that we do not forgo our freedom.

Sing: Holy Spirit Thou are welcome in this place. Holy Spirit, Thou are welcome in this place, Omnipotent Father of mercy and grace, Thou are welcome in this place.

Thought for Today:  Don't use your liberty as an occasion for the flesh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment