Monday, August 3, 2015

2015 Aug 3 - Morning Manna

"David therefore sent out spies, and understood that Saul was come in very deed. And David arose, and came to the place where Saul had pitched: and David beheld the place where Saul lay, and Abner the son of Ner, the captain of his host: and Saul lay in the trench, and the people pitched round about him. Then answered David and said to Ahimelech the Hittite, and to Abishai the son of Zeruiah, brother to Joab, saying, Who will go down with me to Saul to the camp? And Abishai said, I will go down with thee. So David and Abishai came to the people by night: and, behold, Saul lay sleeping within the trench, and his spear stuck in the ground at his bolster: but Abner and the people lay round about him. Then said Abishai to David, God hath delivered thine enemy into thine hand this day: now therefore let me smite him, I pray thee, with the spear even to the earth at once, and I will not smite him the second time. And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the LORD'S anointed, and be guiltless? David said furthermore, As the LORD liveth, the LORD shall smite him; or his day shall come to die; or he shall descend into battle, and perish. The LORD forbid that I should stretch forth mine hand against the LORD'S anointed: but, I pray thee, take thou now the spear that is at his bolster, and the cruse of water, and let us go. So David took the spear and the cruse of water from Saul's bolster; and they gat them away, and no man saw it, nor knew it, neither awaked: for they were all asleep; because a deep sleep from the LORD was fallen upon them" (1 Samuel 26:4-12)
  
Today's Morsel: One of the things that the enemy of your soul desires to do is draw you deeper into his trap.  He knows that the deeper you are in debt, the deeper you are in depression, the deeper you misunderstand God's word, the easier it will be for him to destroy you.  Scripture says that King Saul went in deep (vs 4); and David could not believe that he did.  David could have easily destroyed Saul, but he would not touch the Lord's anointed.  And so he took his spear and cruse of water.  You see, soldiers always need water and a weapon.  If a soldier does not have these items, he is defenseless.  When David took these from Saul, he was defenseless.   You can be sure that once your enemy draws you in, he will take your Bible.  I'm appalled at the number of people who do not know where their Bibles are.  Paul said that the word of God was as a sword (Ephesians 6:18; Hebrews 4:12).  And Jesus said it was as living water (John 4:10).  Let me encourage you today, don't get in so deep, in over your head, that you don't know where your  Bible is.  Remember, faith always comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.  You need your weapon and you need the living water.

Sing:  O victory in Jesus, my Savior forever. He sought me and He bought me, with His redeeming blood. He loved me e'er I knew Him, and all my love is due Him. He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood.

Thought for Today: Do you know where your Bible is?

No comments:

Post a Comment