Thursday, August 20, 2015

2015 August 20 - Morning Manna

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
(1 Corinthians 2:7-8)

Today's Morsel:  As believers, one of the things that we must learn is to carefully evaluate our decisions before we put them into action.  Granted, some decisions have to be made right on the spot when it comes to life or destruction.  But things such as purchasing of homes or cars; the decision of who to marry, we need to give careful consideration and decide carefully.  I'm often shocked at the number of people who seem to not realize that every decision that they make has consequences.  I hear people all the time say, "Well if I had known that was going to happen I wouldn't have done it." Or they say, "If they had told me, I wouldn't have signed it."  Even Paul said that if  the people had known who Jesus was they wouldn't have killed him.  Pete Seeger, American folk singer, said, "Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't." Remember, patience is being able to wait.  Carefully evaluate all your decisions before you take action.  

Sing: I lean on You Lord; I lean on You Lord; for the things that I need, I lean on You. When I don't know just what to do, I've got the faith You're going to see me through, You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought for Today: Don't ever grab a dog by his ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment