Wednesday, August 19, 2015

2015 August 19 - Morning Manna

Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war. (Proverbs 20:18).

Today's Morsel: I have shared with my family time and time again about an old soldier who gave me some very good advice about purchasing in bulk at the onset of my marriage instead of buying things individually.  He told me, for example, "When you get married, buy a case of corn instead of individual cans. It's cheaper that way.  If you don't eat the entire can of corn during a meal, you can save it for another meal.  And because you bought the case of corn on your first trip to the commissary, when you go shopping again you will only have to replace the items that you've used during the month.  That way you will always have food in your house, you will never run out of the items you need, and you will spend less during the coming monthly shopping trips."  This was good advice, because I found that I could usually save on the purchase of the case versus individual items.  I listened to his counsel. Solomon said that every purpose is established by counsel.   We all need those people in our lives we can turn to for sound counsel.   And we should always be willing to pass on good advice to others,  because it does us no good to keep it to ourselves.  My counsel to you today is to listen to and apply the godly counsel of those over you.

Sing: Do you know the man, the man from Galilee, He made the lame man walk again, and caused the blind to see. He walked upon the water, and even calmed the sea, His name is Jesus, the man from Galilee.

Thought for Today: Always pass on good advice. It's never of any use to oneself. (Oscar Wilder, Irish Playwright.)

No comments:

Post a Comment