Saturday, August 22, 2015

2015 August 22 - Morning Manna

I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. (Psalms 30:1-5)

Today's Morsel: Lately, I have found myself having to embrace a lot of folks.   Some are in the church and some are not.  Loss of loved ones, unexplained ill health, indebtedness, divorce, abused children, confused lives, the list goes on and on.  Tears flood their eyes and despondency fills their faces.  As we embrace, I find my eyes filling with tears, too, as I weep with those that weep (just as Paul said in Romans 12:15).  David said, "O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit... in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning ."  Sometimes we just need to realize that the warrior is still just a child.  Yes, there are going to be those times of tears, but as Eleanor Farjeon, said, "Tears may be the beginning, but they should not be the end of things." Joy should always come in the morning.   Jesus wants to turn our tears to joy and our mourning into dancing.  Weeping may endure for the night, but morning time is coming!

Sing:  No tears in heaven, no crying in glory; all of God's children will be happy don't you see. No pain and sorrow, no more worrying about tomorrow, no tears in heaven for you and me.

Thought for Today: "Tears may be the beginning, but they should not be the end of things."  Eleanor Farjeon, English writer

No comments:

Post a Comment