Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 January 6 - Morning Manna


Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth (1 Corinthians 10:24).

Today's Morsel: As I travel and go about my day, I notice that many people are confused in life.  I often hear the comment, "I just don't know what I'm going to do".  Or " I'm just trying to make it."   Now these aren't just people in the world, these are those who confess to be born again.  Where did they lose their joy?  Why have they hung their harps of the willows as the children of Israel did, and they will not sing and play the song of Zion to build themselves up (Psalms 137:1-2)?  Paul admonishes us that we should be concerned with the wealth of others.  Not financial wealth, but their health and their well being.  The church is a body and that body must function effectively.  I believe that one of the greatest gifts, other than the gift of the Holy Ghost, that one can have, is the gift of encouragement and exhortation.  I believe that each day we should go about trying to encourage others because we never know when we might need to be encouraged ourselves.  Paul also said to the children at Philippi, "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus"  (Philippians 2:3-5).  When we are concerned with others and we have the mind of Christ, we will do good for others, encourage others, and build others up.

Sing: You're my brother your my sister, so take me by the hand, together we will work until He comes.  There's no foe that can defeat us when we're walking side by side, as long as there is love, we can stand.

Thought for Today: "A word fitly spoken in due season, how good is it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment