Monday, January 26, 2015

2015 January 26 - Morning Manna

 " The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever"(Psalms 23:1-6).

Today's Morsel:  When we look closely at the 23rd Psalm, we see that within its verse are divine leadership, protection, comfort, provision, rest, salvation, and forgiveness.  All this is found in one Psalm.  There is no reason for us killing ourselves trying to find these things in others or in the world.  The scriptures are designed so that we can find hope and put our trust in Christ and have eternal life (Romans 15:4; Proverbs 3:5-6; John 3:16).  If we allow Jesus to be the head of our lives and lead us, we will be less stress filled and discontented.  James admonishes us: But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. "For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed" (James 1:22-25).  If you take heed to the word of God, you will see the importance of the house of God, and  you will see that Jesus will provide everything that you have need of according to His perfect will just like the Psalmist said.

Sing: Jehovah Jireh, my Provider, His grace is sufficient for me, for me, for me; Jehovah Jirah, my Provider, His grace is sufficient for me.
My God shall supply all my needs, according to His riches in glory, He shall give His angels charge over me; Jehovah Jireh careth for me, for me, Jehovah Jireh careth for me.

Thought for Today:  There is something following you (Jerry  Jones).

No comments:

Post a Comment