Thursday, September 4, 2014

2014 September 4 - Morning Manna

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.   (Matthew 11:28-30)
 

Today's Morsel: Some folk are just trying to do too much.  And because they don't want to share the responsibility because of selfish glory, they often times find themselves under a lot of pressure and strain.  We can only do so much buy ourselves.  Jesus sent His disciples out by two because He knew that two are better than one. Thinking about that comment, why do you think Jesus tells us to take His yoke upon us?  It's because He knows that if we yoke up with Him, He will be the one carrying the weight and we will not become burdened and stressed.  I have yet to find anyone that can carry as much as God can. Not even Hercules. Team up with Jesus and let Him carry the load for you.

Sing:   Jesus hold my hand, Lord I need Thee every hour, through this pilgrim land, protect my by Thy saving power, hear my feeble plea, oh Lord look down on me, when I kneel in prayer I know I'll meet You there, Blessed Jesus hold my hand.

Thought for today: Two is always better than one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment