Saturday, September 27, 2014

2014 September 27 - Morning Manna

For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
(2 Corinthians 7:8)
 
Today's Morsel:   I can remember once in my military days, my commander chewed me out for a mistake that I made and I felt sorry for myself because I didn't think that he understood what had happened.  And when I did get a chance to tell him what happened, he didn't say that he was sorry for doing what he did or said to me.  But I learned a good lesson from him.  It was only for a season. Paul's letter seemed to make the Corinthian church sorry, but he did not tell them that he was sorry for writing it.  He said it was for their good and it was only for a season. Solomon said that  "Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful"(Proverbs 27:5-6).  If a friend corrects you, he will do it in love and it will be for your own good and you will love him at the end.
 
Sing: What a friend we have in Jesus. All our sins and griefs to bear, what  privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer.
 
Thought for Today: Open rebuke is better than secret love.

No comments:

Post a Comment