Thursday, September 25, 2014

2014 September 25 - Morning Manna

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Proverbs 18:21)
 
Today's Morsel:   I think that the number one killer of every saint's faith, is the word, "Can't".  So many of them are quick to say "I can't" before they ever try.  I can't do that.  I can't be there.  I can't sing.  I can't teach.  I can't commit to that.  I can't stay that long.  I can't work with them.  I can't be around them.  I can't stand them.  And sadly the list goes on and on.  The apostle Paul seemed to never use the word can't.  Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).  Paul's words were more of edification and uplifting than destructive.  He said, If I make you sorrow then I have to turn around and make you glad (my words).  We must let our words be seasoned with salt so that they may change things and others around us for the good.  If you find yourself bitter, without hope, or feeling despondent, check your vocabulary.   You may be creating your own hurt by your own words.
 
Sing: Every praise is to our God; Every word of worship is to our God; Every praise, every praise, is to our God.
 
Thought for Today: Some men create their own hurt and then get mad about it when it hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment